Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday Doily - November Doily of The Month

November Doily of The Month
Birthday Doily

Size 10 Crochet Thread; Size 4 steel crochet hook; 9 Inch Doily


1. Chain 8, join. Chain 3 (counts as 1st double crochet), 11 double crochet in ring (12 double crochets). Join to top of beginning chain 3.

2. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch as join, 2 double crochet in each stitch around (24 double crochets), join in top of beginning chain 3.

3. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch as join, *double crochet in next stitch, 2 double crochet in next stitch* around, join to top of beginning chain 3. (36 double crochets)

4. Chain 6, (counts as 1st double crochet and chain 3) *skip next stitch, double crochet in next stitch, chain 3* around, join to 3rd chain of beginning chain. (18 spaces.)

5. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 2 double crochet in same space, *chain 3, 3 double crochet in next space* around, ending with chain 3, join to top of beginning chain 3.

6. Slip stitch into space, chain 3, 2 double crochet in same space, *chain 3, 3 double crochet in next space* around, ending with chain 3, join to top of beginning chain.

7. Repeat row 6.

8. Chain 3, double crochet in each of next 2 double crochet, *4 double crochet in space, double crochet in each of next 3 double crochet * around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

9. Chain 3, double crochet in next 4 stitches, *2 double crochet in next stitch, double crochet in each of next 5 stitches* around, join to top of beginning chain 3.

10. Chain 3, double crochet in next stitch and each stitch around to last two stitches, work these together to do a decrease of one stitch, join to top of beginning chain.

11. Chain 6 (counts as chain 3 and 1 double crochet), *skip 1 stitch, double crochet in next stitch, chain 3*
around, join to 3rd chain of beginning chain.

12. Chain 3, *double crochet in space, double crochet in double crochet* , around, join to top of beginning chain.

13.Chain 3, [double crochet, chain 2, 2 double crochet - (shell made)] in same stitch as join, *skip 2 stitches, [2 double crochet 2 chain 2 double crochet (shell)] in next stitch* around, join to top of beginning chain.

14. Slip stitch to center of shell [chain 3, dc, ch2, 2 dc (shell)] in same space, shell in each shell space around, join.

15. Slip stitch to center of shell, chain 1, single crochet in same space, *chain 6, single crochet in next shell space* around, join to lst single crochet.

16. Slip stitch into space, chain 1, 8 single crochets in space and in each space around, join to lst single crochet, fasten off.

42 comments:

  1. Absolutely lover-ly!!!!! I might have to make this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big does this turn out to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty doily glor - thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the Pattern! Love the Doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just lovely Glor...I like the look of your thread..I don't pay attention to the size of it. It looks a bit thicker than what I have and it gives the doily a nice finished look..you do beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty!!!
    Glor, thank you so much for all that you share with us! Have a wonderfully blessed day my friend.♥

    ♥Anita
    If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place. - Nora Roberts
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I like the dark red burgundy colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I love doilies. I don't have nearly enough time to crochet them :(

    this pattern looks great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for the pattern, it's lovely!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is sweet..thanks for sharing the pattern with us....I just might have a go!

    ciao bella

    happy crocheting...

    Creative CArmelina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to make dolies with my grandma when she thaught me to crochet, when I was 5 or 6 years old!
    they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous! I haven't crocheted doilies, either, since I was in the 3rd grade and crocheting with my Polish great-grandmother; but now I am wishing I could remember how I did it, having seen yours. Visiting via Just Something I Whipped Up. Glad I stopped by for a visit today. Definitely going to visit again.

    www.zibelineknits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Glor, I'm new to your blog - everything is beautiful. I'm wild about flowers and flower motifs, just saw one in your archives that I'm going to try with crochet thread. Have been intimidated by it until now so will give it a go...Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Glor, I saw this post early Sunday morning and by Sunday night I had this doily in my house! I love it!! It is very easy to work and it is done quick. Thank you for posting this pattern! I have a photo of it on my blog if you get a chance to take a peak at it.
    crocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only recently found your blog and had printed out the crochet along doily that you offered. Now I see this one and think I will need to start a doily folder. Your work is beautiful and it is so nice of you to share your patterns. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work! Do you have an Etsy Shop? If you don't, you should! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Glor I just love this doily! Thanks for getting me into doilies again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty, I also love the pink one at the end of your post. Looks very complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up. And don't forget to enter my along for the ride: designs giveaway! http://bit.ly/9cz33f

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this. I love to crochet with thread. Every home looks more inviting with a few doilies scattered around.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely wonderful. May you please post on how to take care of a finished Doilies so they can be enjoyed for a long time. l am brand spanking new to making Doilies. Thanks you. Yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice work ! Nice instrutions ! I just finished mine.. It looks very nice, althrough it is my second one ! thanks for sharing the patern!!! We need more people like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello glor.. i just discovered your blog. . like me you like doilies.. your new one is very nice, and easy to do.. that is good,,, i also like to do all kind of doilies, because crochet is a great art. let us get inspired ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've made a new one.. But this time it's big !!! I've made a rug ! The birthday doily pattern is a really good one, works everytime ! thanks again so much !!!

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SoYfP5bHZuM/T2pb_K-tAzI/AAAAAAAAAzE/vb_0WlzjIBQ/s1600/032-3.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm new to crocheting and i am having trouble understanding step 12 , could you please explain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carramel, do a double crochet in each space, then each double crochet around. Email me if you need additional help, glor.crochetgalore@gmail.com, thanks.

      Delete
  28. Works up beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I've just made this doily and really enjoyed this pattern! I've been thinking about possibly starting an etsy shop during 2015, would you mind if I sell some of the doily's I've made using your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Been having issues with working doilies. Not giving up. Just so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is my first doily and I love this BUT I am stuck on 14. How do I get to the center of the next shell to make the shell in shell???

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! This is my first doily and I am stuck on instruction 14. How to I start the second shell for the shell in shell?

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is the first doily I have ever crocheted and for the most part was fairly simple. The only thing is that it turned out wavey/ruffled. I did use a thicker thread and larger hook but I don't think that had much to it. I was wondering if you had stich counts for each round? Much thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have Thread size 5.which hook size will u suggest?

    ReplyDelete